For many people around the world, Valentine’s Day offers a chance to embrace and celebrate romantic love. With origins in ancient Rome, Valentine’s Day first became associated with romance during the Middle Ages in the poetry of Geoffrey Chaucer. In fact, the tradition of presenting a ring at the time of engagement also began in ancient Roman times. Valentine’s Day, and its historical association with love and romance, is the perfect time of year to pop the question!
One key to planning an unforgettable proposal is taking into account your partner’s interests and values. If proposing around Valentine’s Day is on your radar, here are a few ideas to help you plan:
- Destination Proposal – Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to plan a romantic getaway to a place your significant other has been wanting to visit. Whether it be a tropical escape, a cabin in the mountains or an exciting city adventure, asking her on your vacation will create lifetime memories.
- Outdoor Proposal – Is your sweetie an outdoor adventurist? Try popping the question by a secluded lake or a scenic overlook during one of your winter hikes. Or if you both love skiing, you could even pop the question on the slopes!
- Arts Proposal – For art lovers and music enthusiasts, consider proposing at a concert or a fine art exhibition. Plan a Valentine’s Day date around her passion, and she will love saying “yes” while surrounded by something she loves.
- Sports Proposal – Sporting events are a great time to propose! Pop the question during a basketball or hockey game, or on a tour of her favorite stadium. Your sports fan will appreciate you making it extra special for her!
- Family & Friends Proposal – Enlisting the aid of friends, family and pets for your proposal can make lasting memories for everyone. Friends can help trick her into going somewhere, Fido can present the ring box and your sweetheart’s family can jump out and celebrate after the ring is accepted!
Whatever you plan, tailor your Valentine’s Day proposal to fit the passions of your sweetheart, and you can’t go wrong! If you still need the ring to make her proposal absolutely perfect, head to your local Shane Co. or ShaneCo.com.