New year, new you, right? Well, maybe.
We all know that with the new year comes a long list of things you want to accomplish in 2019. For some, dedication and success come easy. For others, we lose sight of goals quicker than the Times Square ball drop.
We put together a list of the top New Year’s resolutions for 2019, along with a few backups we know you can keep.
- Save money― According to Offers.com, 37% of Americans are focusing on saving money in the new year. Whether it’s for a house, wedding, college, or just to rebuild that savings account after the holidays, saving money is top of mind for many.
- Lose weight― Each January 1, you notice the gym is a little more crowded than usual. That’s because 38% of Americans plan to make this their top New Year’s resolution — and you may be one of them! While it’s the most popular resolution to make, it’s the hardest to keep.
- Travel more― There’s so much to see, so it’s not surprising that the desire to travel the world finds its way into the top 2019 resolutions.
- New career― Work can be tiresome, we know. But many are making it their top goal of 2019 to find a career they love. Whether it’s nailing that promotion or changing fields completely, it’s important to do what you love and love what you do.
- Make new friends― For the social butterfly or the shy and reserved, making new friends is a resolution that may not be that hard to keep. Make conversation and try new things. You never know whom you’ll find.
But not all resolutions make it in the top five. The next few are some that we believe are just as important and possibly a little easier to keep.
Treat yourself ― We’re firm believers in self-care and making sure to take some time for yourself. Whether it’s a spa day, weekend getaway or a sparkling piece of jewelry, remember to treat yourself! Because you’re important.
Be optimistic ― This year, try looking at the glass as half full. To be honest, 2018 was rough. Let’s start 2019 with some positive vibes.
Stop hitting the snooze button ― We all do it. We set our alarms with hopes and dreams of getting out of bed, but instead we’ve hit the snooze button five times and now we have 15 minutes to get ready for work. Make it a habit to get out of bed at the first obnoxious beep.
Read more ― With technology all around us, many of us haven’t read an actual book for a long time. Let’s change that. Pick up a book and let it take you on a new adventure.
Don’t see your 2019 resolution on the list? Let us know in the comments below!